Administrators have the ability to organize their programs by groups within Terra Dotta for easier management. A program group can be marked as "featured" and assigned a unique program template for use with any new programs assigned to that respective program group.
This article covers the following topics related to Program Groups:
- Access and Permissions
- Creating a New Program Group
- Assigning Programs to a Group
- Editing a Program Group
- Featured Programs
The following options are not available in the Admin Console:
- The ability to apply parameter values to multiple programs or program groups at once.
- The ability to batch assign multiple programs to a group.
- Create new program groups
- Edit program groups
- Organize programs into groups
Information is organized in columns on the main Program Groups page from left to right as follows:
- Order: To reorder your listing of program groups, drag and drop a row up or down.
- Name: This is the assigned name of your program group.
- Featured: "Yes" or "No" will display according to a group's configurations.
- Template: If a program template has been assigned, the name of the template will be listed.
- Actions: Edit or delete a program group.
To create a new program group, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Global Settings > Program Groups. Click on the "+" icon in the lower right of the page to add a program group.
2. From the "Program Group Edit" section that appears, you'll be prompted to proceed with the following options:
- Group Name: Enter the desired name for your program group.
- Program Template: From the drop-down menu that appears, select a program template that will be assigned to any new programs created in this program group. This step is optional. See the article on Program Templates for full details.
- Featured: Determine if the program group will be featured (yes) or not (no). When a program group is marked as "Featured", the programs within this group are starred when appearing to students in Program Discovery. See the "Featured Programs" section of this article for more information.
3. Click "Save" to preserve your changes.
From the "Actions" column of the Program Groups main page, two options are available to make changes to an existing program group:
- Edit: Click on the edit pencil to modify the name, featured status, or assigned program template of a program group. Click "Save" to preserve your changes.
- Delete: This action permanently removes a program group from your site
Programs can be assigned to a group as follows:
- For new programs, select the desired program group in the "Configuration" step of Program Wizard.
- For existing programs, search for the program in Program Finder. A program group can be assigned or changed from the "Configuration" step in Program Wizard.
If a program group is marked as "featured", then all program cards for programs within that group are marked with a gold star when viewed by students in Program Discovery. This indicator adds a way for these programs to stand out during a program search. Any program group can be marked as "featured".
- It is not possible for a program group to contain a mixture of featured and non-featured programs.
- There is not a dedicated "Featured Groups" tab that appears on the public program search page for Program Discovery when using the Site Builder.
- For the best practice on generating a list of featured programs with Program Discovery, see the FAQ section of the Program Discovery article.