Terra Dotta Engage provides a suite of options to promote your global engagement opportunities and pave the way for contacts to become applicants. Customize your messaging to communicate effectively with specific audiences, connect recipients with valuable educational programming, and continually improve your outreach strategies using a data-driven approach.
For an index of Engage articles, return to the Engage Table of Contents. This article discusses the following topics related to Campaign Management:
- Understanding Campaign Management
- Campaign List
- Building a Campaign
- Campaign Metrics
Campaign Management is a process focused on increasing consists of the following components:
- Segmentation (of your audience)
- Email Design Studio (email design and delivery)
- Campaign Builder (when/what/where/how)
- Reporting & Analytics
Get started putting together your next campaign by selecting "Campaign Management" from the Navigation Menu. This action directs you to the main Campaign List page, which includes a central search field.
Information on the Campaign List page is organized in columns (from left to right) as follows:
- Last Updated
- View Campaign Metrics (learn more under Campaign Metrics below)
- Manually Send Campaign
- Edit Campaign
To build a campaign, page click "+ Create Campaign" in the upper right corner. On the resulting page select from two types of campaigns:
- Blast - A single email campaign with no follow-up steps. The date that is set for this campaign on step 4. Schedule is both the start and end date.
- Journey - A multi-step email campaign with follow-up steps. The campaign will send emails within the start and end dates set on step 4. Schedule, so any time conditions for a particular email are met within this timeframe, the appropriate email(s) will send.
Selecting a campaign type will start a 4-step process to create the campaign.
Enter details about this campaign. The name is required, while the other fields are optional, including description, campaign category, and (optionally) link the campaign to a specific program and add tags. Then click "Next" to proceed to step 2.
- Name - Enter a name for your campaign. This is only available internally for identification purposes.
- Description - (Optional) enter a description for your campaign. This is only available internally for identification purposes.
- Category - Select a category for this campaign, which determines which options are available in the Goal dropdown. Study Abroad sites have the type "Application". ISSS sites have the types "Application", "Request", and "Arrival on Campus".
- Goal - Select either "none" or an action to use as a goal for your campaign. Contacts who reach this goal will be automatically labeled in the campaign metrics. If a goal is selected, you have the option to "exclude contact when goal achieved", which means that once the contact takes the selected action then they will stop receiving messages from this campaign.
- Program/Request - Select a specific study abroad program(s) or ISSS request(s) to use as the goal for this campaign. If no program/request is selected here, then the goal field will look for the completion of the step for any program/request. If a program/request is designated here, then the goal will only be completed if the step is taken for the selected program/request.
- Tags - (Optional) enter tags for your campaign. This is only available internally for identification purposes.
Select the contact lists being included in this campaign. For more information on setting up contact lists, see Engage: Contact Lists. Click "Next" to proceed to step 3.
The content of the step three tab displays options specific to whether the campaign is a Blast or a Journey.
- For Blasts: This tab displays a message builder that offers the option to edit the current version of the email, create a new email, or create an email based on an existing template. For more on the edit interface, see Message Builder.
- For Journeys: This tab displays the journey path and options to edit each step. To set options for a step, such as designing the email, click on the three-dot kebob menu on the right side of the step and select Edit.
The "Send Test" option sends an email from the email address set for the campaign to the email address of the currently logged in user. The required "Merge Details" field allows the user to select a user for the system to use to fill in any merge fields (note: the email is not sent to the contact selected in this field).
On the Schedule tab, the options are available to switch between "Draft" and "Published" status, as well as set a start date. Once the Status is set to Published and Send Date is set, saving the campaign makes it active.
For Blasts, the email can be set to send during a general time of day, with the options Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Night. Clicking "Send Immediately" will add the email to the queue instead of waiting for the designated time of day. Note(s): It may still take a few minutes for the email to send out. Each recipient will only receive the email once, even if the "Send Immediately" button is clicked more than once.
For Journeys, a Campaign End Date can also be set. Once the end date has passed, then no additional steps will be carried out.
On the Campaign List, click on the graph icon on the far right to see Campaign Metrics for selected campaign.
This page includes a funnel showing the progress from targeted contacts, as well as lists showing actions resulting from the campaign:
- Current Step - A list of contacts who received and the email and what step they have reached.
- Complete View - A list of every action taken as a result of the campaign. Each contact will be listed multiple times, if they have taken multiple actions.
- Clicked Links - A list of URLs linked from the email, and which have been clicked.
From each of these views, you can also toggle each contact's status between active and inactive and use the eye icon to access Campaign Contact Metrics for that individual.
Here are other resources that may interest you: