The message campaign feature is used to recruit potential applicants who have requested information about a program but have not yet started an application.
This article covers the following information related to Message Campaigns:
Message campaigns are email messages that are sent to anyone who is a user in your site who does not have an application. In this way, the message campaign feature serves as a promotional email to encourage users to apply for a program.
- Message Campaigns is an original feature of Terra Dotta that has since been enhanced with the use of Query Watches. Clients are encouraged to use the flexibility that query watches provide.
- Emails that are generated by a message campaign will be sent to any user who does not have an application. This will include recommenders. Therefore, admins should consider using query watches for more flexibility with generating notifications to site users.
To create a new message campaign, follows these steps:
1. Navigate to Profile > Message Campaign. Any previous message campaigns that have been sent from your site will appear here.
2. Click on the "New Campaign" tab at the top of the page. This will bring you to a blank campaign information form where you can add a subject line and the main content of your message to recipients.
3. Click into the "Send Date" field and use the calendar widget to select a date on which you want the message to be sent via email.
4. Click "Save" to preserve your changes. This message campaign will now appear under Profile > Message Campaign by subject line.
Once you have created a message campaign, it will continue to appear under Profiles > Message Campaign and can be edited for future use. In this way, the message campaign functions as a type of template.
To make changes to an existing message campaign, click on the edit pencil icon from the "Actions" column of the main Message Campaign display. Make your updates, add a new send date, and click "Save" to preserve your changes.