- Creating a New Program Connected to the Study Abroad Directory
- Linking an Existing Program to a Directory Program
- Unlinking a Program from a Directory Program
- Publishing a Program to the Directory
- Updating Information for Programs Linked to Directory Programs
- Changing Your Sponsor Name in the Directory
- Dates in the Directory
- It is not possible to access the Directory from the Admin Console in order to subscribe to Directory programs at this time. The Directory must be accessed from the classic "Programs" menu.
- Directory programs are imported into the classic program builder first where an admin can directly navigate to the Program Wizard afterwards. With the use of a "Directory Content" brochure widget, it is possible to import Directory brochure content into a Program Wizard brochure. This step is recommended in order to benefit from the aesthetics that the modern brochure offers. See the Using the Program Wizard Knowledgebase article for details.
1) Navigate to Programs > Create New.
2) Click the Study Abroad Directory Listing tab to see all programs on the Directory (in alphabetical order) or the Study Abroad Directory Search tab to search for a specific program on the Directory. These tabs are located at the top of the Create New Program page.
3) Click on the magnifying glass icon to see the program brochures for each program.
Select the program(s) to which you would like to subscribe.
4) Click the Subscribe to Marked Programs button at the bottom of the page. You will be prompted to confirm the request.
You must then go through each new program and check the configuration and information to ensure it is what you wanted. Programs imported from the Directory are not active by default. If you are ready for the programs to appear to applicants searching the site, you must mark each one as active on the General tab of the program.
Important Note: If you try to subscribe to too many programs, the action could time-out, stopping the successful download of all the programs. For this reason, we recommend that you download no more than twenty programs from the Directory at one time. Downloading can take several minutes.
- Click the yellow pencil icon next to the name of the program.
- Click the Directory tab.
- Here you will see information about whether or not this program is already connected to the Directory. If it is not, click the Link to a Study Abroad Directory sponsored program link.
- Find the appropriate program and mark the radio button for that program. Click Subscribe to Marked Programs. You can also click on the magnifying glass to see the program information and then click the Link to this program button at the top of the program brochure page.
- The two programs are now linked and you must update your site with the information from the Directory by clicking the Directory tab on the program builder page. Then click the Update your program link.
- Here you will see what you currently have on your site and what the available information is. You can choose to import all the information or only those parts you wish to update on your site by marking the boxes with the information you wish to have on your site.
- Click Install Update and the new information will be reflected on your site.
Unlinking a Program from a Directory Program
If you have a program that is currently linked to the Directory site, you can unlink it by performing the following steps:
- Go to the program builder page for the program you wish to unlink from the Directory.
- Click on the Directory tab at the top.
- Click the Unlink a Study Abroad Directory sponsored program link at the bottom of the page.
- You will be prompted to confirm the action. Once done, this program will no longer be associated with the Directory program.
- Create your program brochure and information on your site.
- Go to the program builder page for this program and click the Directory tab.
- Click the Publish this program to the Study Abroad Directory link at the bottom of the page.
- You will be brought to a page where you can review the information that will be published. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Your program will now appear on the Directory site under the sponsor name that is set at System Settings > System Features > Enable Study Abroad Directory programs > Directory Sponsor Name.
- Make the desired changes for the program using the program builder tabs.
- Access the Directory tab and select "Publish an update to your program".
- Review the changes by comparing the current version of program information on directory with version of program information to publish to directory.
- Select the items you wish to publish to the directory using the check boxes
- Click "Publish Update".
- Locate the program through Program Admin
- Access the Directory tab
- Select Deactivate the program on Directory
- To reactivate a deactivated program, select Reactivate the program on Directory.
When you subscribe to a program on the Directory, you will begin getting notifications when that program is updated by the provider. You will see update notifications at the bottom of the Admin home page in a section titled Updates to Sponsored Programs. To update your programs, perform the following steps:
- You will see the number of updates that have been published by providers and then you must click the Click here to review updates link to see detailed information.
- You will be brought to a list of programs that have updates. Click the magnifying glass to see the changes. You can update the programs individually and choose exactly what information you would like to update by marking the appropriate boxes.
- You can do a batch update of programs by marking the boxes by the program names and then marking the boxes below to indicate what information you want to update. Click Install Marked Updates to make the changes.
- Click Decline Marked Updates for any updates that you do not wish to install - this will remove the update notification from your list of new updates.
- In order to successfully transfer all information from the Directory to your site, you will need to have matching application cycles and your parameter mappings will need to be configured. For more information on mapping from the Directory, refer to the article titled Mapping from the Study Abroad Directory.
- Date records that you choose to download to your site will be inserted into the application deadlines page, decision dates, and start/end date records.
- An "update" icon will appear in the Program Wizard for a Directory program from which an admin can also choose to install available updates for that Directory program. See the Using the Program Wizard article for details.
Should you require to adjust the sponsor name that is displayed for your programs on the Study Abroad Directory site, you can make the adjustment with the following procedure:
- Go to Settings > System Features > Programs tab.
- Look under the "Study Abroad Directory" and click "Enable Study Abroad Directory programs" settings and type in the new sponsor name.
- Click "Save".
- Any new programs published to the Study Abroad Directory will have this new sponsor name. After you have published under the new sponsor name, all previously published programs will reflect this new name.
Dates in the Directory
On the Study Abroad Directory site (http://studyabroad.tddirectory.com), no date records appear in the public view of the brochure page with intention. This is done in order to avoid the inadvertent display of erroneous dates pulled from the application cycle's deadline and decision dates as not all providers registering their programs on the Directory site will be initially providing specific dates for all application cycles. They may only have dates available for some of the future application cycles, and the Directory site cannot accurately indicate when the deadline/decision dates have been entered by the provider and when they are the site's defaults (which are most likely not correct).