This article outlines the steps to report a Disciplinary Action via the SEVIS batch.
- Step 1: Request Creation
- Step 2: Find Academic Objective Program for Student
- Step 3: Complete the SEVIS-Required Data
- Step 4: Create SEVIS Update Record
Step 1: Request Creation
Students cannot initiate this action. It is an administrative action.
Admins may create a Disciplinary Action record update in the Academic Objective Program for a student SEVIS record.
Step 2: Find Academic Objective Program for Student
- Navigate to Record Admin > Search.
- Enter the name of the student whose Disciplinary Action record you would like to create and send to SEVIS.
Step 3: Complete the SEVIS-Required Data
Admins should complete the required Disciplinary Action record update in the user's Academic Objective Program.
You will enter the Disciplinary Action directly in the Academic Objective Program because it is a comment on the SEVIS record. There is no associated record, questionnaire, or question item; however, you may create an internal questionnaire to capture background and context for the reason for the disciplinary action update.
Step 4: Create SEVIS Update Record
See the KB SEVIS Admin: Creating a SEVIS Update Record for detailed instructions about this step.
You may also wish to see SEVIS Admin: Assigning a SEVIS Update to a Batch.