The New Application/Record tool is used when a staff member wishes to create an application/record for a user on the site. This can happen if the applicant/user is in the office and consulting with an advisor, or this can be used if the applicant/user does not have Internet access.
The page displays with the search results added under the field. If the applicant/user is in the institution's records, he/she appears in the results.
An option to create applications/records as "Non-processed" is also available. Non-processed means that the applicants/users receive no auto-generated notifications from the system, such as Reminders and Decision Notifications. This is useful if you either do not wish to have the applicants/users log in to access the system or prefer to control any notifications manually. Refer to our article on the non-processed functionality for more information.
Click Add to the right of the applicant's/user's name to create an application/record.
The Application/Record: Select Program page opens.
If the applicant/user you wish to create the application/record for is an applicant/user outside your institution, type the e-mail address of the student into the field under the Email option.
Click "Add". The "Application/Rec: New page" displays an application/user form for entering the external applicant's name, gender, date-of-birth, and if the applicant/user is an external applicant, the institution they belong to. An option to create applications/records as "Non-processed" is also available. Non-processed means that the applicants/users receive no auto-generated notifications from the system, such as Reminders and Decision Notifications. This is useful if you either do not wish to have the applicants/users log in to access the system or prefer to control any notifications manually. Fill in this form and click "Create New".
Selecting a Program
After entering the applicant/user information, the Application/Record: Select Program page opens.
Select the program to which the applicant/user would like to apply from the drop-down list under Programs.
Select the proper program, term, and year from the options in the list box. A search box is provided to allow you to quickly look for keywords in your programs.
Notifying the Applicant/User
If an application/record is created for an external/non-integrated applicant/use who is new to the system, the applicant/use will receive an auto-generated email from the system providing them with a username, password and link to the login page. The email includes only information about how to log into the site, it does not explain that an application/record was created or provide information about the application/program. A separate email can be sent manually to provide this information to the applicant/user.
New applicants/users added from the SIS lookup and external students who are already in the system do not receive automatic notifications when an application/record is created on their behalf. If you wish to notify them of their new application/record and provide instructions for how to login, a manual e-mail must be sent. This can be facilitated using the applicant/record search and batch e-mail features. After creating the new application/record(s):
- Go to Applicants/Records > Advanced Search
- Select Application/Record Parameters and click Next
- Under Application/Record Activity, select Application/Record Started: On [current date]
- Click Next
- Options: Send E-mail
- Provide information and instructions in the e-mail content and click 'send'
Applicants/users can apply to programs from the Program Brochure Pages. After they click the 'Apply Now' button and they don't have a login for the site, they will provide their information and receive an email with a Terra Dotta Software username and password, or if your site is integrated with your school information system (SIS) they will immediately be able to log in.
To create an application/record, perform the following steps:
- Use the Program link on the home page and search for a program of choice.
- Click the program name to view the program brochure.
- Click Apply Now. An alert box prompts you to confirm the request for application. (The Alert Box is editable by administration through text interface field [#26])
- Click OK. The Security User Identification Wizard page is displayed.
- Answer how you will be logging in. If you do not have login credentials, you will be asked to complete the new user form and you'll receive an email with your login information. Once you receive your login information, or if you already had it, you should log in.
- Once you are logged in, the Available Program Term page is displayed. Select the term that you wish to apply for.
- Click Apply. The Program Application/Record Page (Pre-Decision) is displayed. This page shows current and required elements of the application/record in the pre-decision phase.
Using the Program Application/Record Page (Pre-Decision)
To fulfill all the requirements of a program application/record, you should use the Program Application/Record Page (Pre-Decision) as a reference point and checklist. This page contains a list of all the printed and online requirements of an application/record, including the following:
- Material submissions
- Signature documents
- Application/Record questionnaires