Important Note: This article covers classic admin functionality prior to the Terra Dotta Study Abroad 20.0 release of the Admin Console in January 2020. For information on available functionality after this date, refer to The Admin Console: Application Admin Manager Knowledgebase article.
Terra Dotta's Application Management interface allows administrators to view and edit the information related to an applicant's application.
This process includes:
- Tracking submissions made by applicants.
- Marking materials as received.
- Reviewing recommendations.
- Reading comments from reviewers.
- Posting comments.
- Making acceptance or rejection decisions about an application.
Application Management Tools
You can access various tools in the Application Management interface by clicking the appropriate tabs under the header. The tabs are the following:
Overview - This tab provides a summary of the application and includes the following features:
- An easy-to-read Application Summary which tracks the number of application items received of the total number needed (2/5 for example) per each application phase.
- View Information Requests link. This feature only displays if there is a corresponding request posted by the applicant.
- Other Applications link. See the additional applications the applicant may have in the system. After clicking the link, a display modal appears where you can view applications based on term.
- Application Tags drop-down menu. Select available application tags to add to the application. These tags are searchable.
- Print link. When clicked, a new window opens with a printable version of the application.
- New Task link. This link only appears if configured under Settings > System Features > Administrative > Task/Workflow Configuration. Use this link to create a task with this application as the target or to view all tasks (pending and completed) associated with this application.
- View as User link. This feature allows admins to swap views and see an application as an applicant would. Decision letters are also viewable to admins.
Comments - This tab enables an admin to enter comments for the application in the space provided and save them with a click of the Update button. All comments entered are internal and can be deleted by administrators with the permission Application Admin: Comments (delete). A record of the creation and deletion of the comment will be recorded in the History Log tab of the application, along with the first 25 characters of the original message.
Status - This tab displays the application's current status and allows for it to be changed. To do this, make your status selection from the drop-down menu. In addition, a new application deadline can be set using the calendar widget. An admin can change an application’s program and app cycle by selecting the value from the Programs drop-down menu under this tab (a search bar is provided in this dropdown to quickly search through your program list). Changing this information will pertain to this individual applicant only.
You may find it helpful to note:
- When attempting to change an application's program to another program: if you receive an error message that tells you the applicant already has an application in for that program and term, this is likely because the user has a withdrawn application already for that program. To make the desired switch in program, the administrator will need to change the withdrawn application to another program or application cycle. This will make the change in the active application possible.
- When this is done, the information in the application's record does not get modified. Any signature documents, material submissions, questionnaires, and/or recommendations remain in the same state. However, if the process elements no longer apply to the application for the new program/application cycle, they will not be displayed to the applicant or administrator. If the new program for the application is of a different program type (Outgoing to Risk Management, for example), the process elements that were completed in the previous program will not be accessible when the application is in the new program since process elements can only apply to a single program type.
Reviews - This tab enables you to mark the application as Ready for Review, thus making it available to the reviewers if your site is configured to give them access only after an application is marked as ready. Once a reviewer has viewed the application, their comments and responses - along with a link to all other programs to which the reviewer is assigned, will appear in this area of the application management page.
Profile - This tab lists the applicant’s parameter values as well as the history of those values, if the history is being tracked. This tab also shows address information for the applicant. You can change the information of non-integrated parameters by clicking 'Edit' located on the right of the parameters.
History Log - This tab maintains a log of activities that have been performed on the application in the past. This may include any communication between the applicant and the adviser, or any decision taken on the application, as well as the date and time when the activity took place.
Under the 'Actions' column, a series of icons display, each corresponding to a specific action:
- Pencil: Edit the questionnaire responses.
- Two Arrows: Un-submit a questionnaire. This allows the applicant to go back and edit their answers.
- Two Pieces of Paper: Copy/paste. If the applicant has submitted this questionnaire for another application, those responses can be copied into the currently viewed application.
- Eraser: Erase a questionnaire submission. If a new version of the questionnaire has been deployed - but an applicant has already submitted their response, erase their submission. The new version will then be deployed to the applicant.
- Printer: Print the questionnaire responses.
Note: When un-submitting a questionnaire, the applicant's previously submitted responses are retained. The applicant is able to edit these responses rather than having to completely re-enter them.
- Title: This is the specific name of the submission.
- Received: A check box appears and can be marked to indicate whether or not the material has been received by the functional office. Example: the office receives a material submission via mail, checks the 'Received' box, and clicks 'Save All'. A check mark will now appear next to the material on the applicant's home page, making them aware that their submission has been received by the office.
Important Note: Should the admin need to mark a process element as received, if the app cycle in question uses Deployment Rules, the admin must mark these requirements as received from the Admin Console, not the Classic/Legacy interface.
- Notes: Click on 'Add Notes', and a comment panel appears where a note can be entered. The default setting of 'Send notification email to applicant' can be changed by unchecking the box next to this option.
- Not Applicable: This button appears in the 'Notes' column. Once used, the material will be removed from the application's requirements and will display a 'N/A' designation from the applicant's perspective. A material can be made applicable again by un-checking the 'Received' box.
Note: When a material is created for some TD Connect partners, it is now automatically set as an optional item for applicants. From the Materials tab of the Administrative Management interface, 'optional' will appear next to the submission name of these items in the Title column.
Learning Content - This tab contains the details of learning content requirements applicable to the application. This tab will show if an applicant has marked the learning content piece as read or not.
Assessments - This tab contains the list of assessments applicable to a program. If the applicant has taken the assessment, this tab will include the score(s) the applicant received. The assessment attempts can also be erased and the applicant may retake the assessment.
Documents - Administrators can upload documents for individual applications. Digital copies of physical documents provided or attachments sent by the applicant can be stored in this area of the application. The attached documents can be made available to the applicant on their view of the application or kept internal for administrator use only. A batch function on the options menu of the application search results page allows a file to be attached to multiple applications at once. You can click the Attach New Document link to browse and upload a new file.
Recommendations - This tab enables you to view all the recommendations that have been request or submitted for this application. This includes the recommendation type requested (configured under Settings > Rec Types) along the recommender's contact information (name, email, and recommender ID), phone number, waiver (read or not), received date, and actions column.
Under the 'Actions' column, a series of icons display and each correspond to a specific action:
- Edit pencil: Make changes to a recommendation.
- Printer: Print a copy of a recommendation.
- Red 'X': Delete a recommendation.
- Delete a recommendation by clicking the red 'X'.
In addition, these three options are available using the links located at the bottom of the page:
- Record a new recommendation by clicking 'Record New Recommendation'.
- Copy any recommendation from other applications by clicking 'Copy Recommendation From Another Application'.
- Request a recommendation by clicking 'Generate Recommendation Request'.
Journal - This tab shows if the applicant has uploaded any photos for their journal. You can enable or disable the journal feature for this applicant by selecting the appropriate radio button. The default setting is the setting that has been chosen on the Settings tab for this program.
- The Reviews, Itinerary, Recommendations, and Credit Transfer tabs are not displayed in Advising Applications. These tabs are only available in Program Applications.
- The Recommendations, Journal, and Credit Transfer tabs are not displayed in applications for all application types. These tabs appear only on applications for outgoing, outgoing with side trips and OneStep, incoming, and scholarship programs. Program enrollment and risk management applications will not have a Credit Transfer tab.