This article outlines the steps to complete a Reprint request to reprint a DS-2019 for a J-1 Exchange Visitor in SEVIS batch. This update action is managed directly from the SEVIS Profile for the J-1 Exchange Visitor.
Step 1: Create Reprint Request
An Exchange Visitor (EV) may initiate a Reprint Request application. In order for them to do so, offices will need to create the EV-facing Reprint Request application, and then create an EV-facing link for the Terra Dotta page, an external webpage, or even an email that the EV can click to access a request in Terra Dotta. You will review their completed application, then create a SEVIS update record directly in their SEVIS profile. There are no SEVIS-mapped question items to manage this action.
Step 2: Create a SEVIS Update Record
Alternatively, admins may initiate a Reprint request for an EV by creating a new SEVIS update record:
- From the EV profile or any record, click the SEVIS Profile button.
- Click New SEVIS Update record.
- From the dropdown menu, select Reprint Request.
- A window will display for you to select the Reprint Request Reason. Select the reason for reprint from the dropdown menu. Remarks are optional. Click Add.
- In the Return form section, select Reprint Request from the dropdown menu.
For detailed instructions, see the KB SEVIS Admin: Creating a SEVIS Update Record.
Next, go to Pending Updates to assign your update to a SEVIS batch. For general instructions on adding a SEVIS update record to a batch, see SEVIS Admin: Assigning a SEVIS Update to a Batch.