The Settings tab of the SEVIS Admin menu contains many features, including options to generate email communication to students and Exchange Visitors (EV). Click on the dropdown menu located above the General Configuration bar, and scroll to Notifications.
Program Start Date Notifications Configuration
After you click on Notifications, a page with five dropdown menus will display:
- Select Campus: This menu allows you to choose the campus to which you will generate an email notification. Search based on the site name and F-1 school code or J-1 program number. You must select an option from this menu in order to unlock the relevant dropdown menus to follow.
- Select EV Category: If a campus hosting a J-1 program is selected, this menu will unlock and allow you to choose the EV category to which you would like to send a notification.
- Program List: This menu allows you to choose an Academic Objective.
- Select Status: This menu allows you to choose from the following statuses:
- No Show.
- Multiple options may be selected by holding down the Shift key before clicking on the desired statuses.
- Program Starts In: This menu gives you the ability to select a corresponding program start date. Choose from 90 days, 30 days, or 7 days. The automated task now delivers the initial alert emails starting on 90 days, 30 days, and 7 days prior to the end date. Email communications from the scheduled task will be sent on a daily basis.
After making your final selection in the Notifications menu, a pop-up window will display. This feature includes:
- Privacy Warning: The privacy warning serves a reminder that any images, content, or files linked within the body of the email are accessible by public URL. Care should be taken not to attach sensitive or confidential information.
- Email Content: This section of the pop-up window is where the actual content of your email will be generated.
You can populate information in the following fields:
- From: This line will automatically populate with the email address of the admin who is creating the email.
- Body: Customize your email with the many features of our WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editor. The basic functions of this text editing tool are outlined in Using the WYSIWYG Editor.
Additionally, the WYSIWYG editor lets you use existing custom email templates and options for content merge. You can now choose to add Current Date, Current Time and Current Date and Time as a merge field. The placeholders will be replaced with the time/date of sending once delivered. This is useful any time you want an extra record of when something was sent.