This article outlines the steps to edit a previously recommended Off-Campus Employment request.
IMPORTANT: The Off-Campus Employment program is called Off-Campus Employment - Severe Economic Hardship (F/M). Currently, all off-campus employment recommendation types are possible using this program. This article will refer to the program name as Off-Campus Employment (F/M).
Note that SEVIS only permits this action prior to the start date of the Off-Campus Employment. Attempting to batch a Cancel Off-Campus Employment update after the Off-Campus Employment start date has passed will result in a failed batch update that will be flagged with the batch download.
- Step 1: Find Off-Campus Employment Record
- Step 2: Review SEVIS-Required Data
Step 1: Find Off-Campus Employment Record
- Navigate to Record Admin > Search.
- Enter the name of the student whose Off-Campus Employment record you would like to cancel in SEVIS.
- The student's Off-Campus Employment (F/M) record will display when you search for their name.
Step 2: Review SEVIS-Required Data
Clients may configure their site to either:
Allow students to edit SEVIS-mapped Question Items for their Off-Campus Employment record,
Edit the questionnaire to remove it from student view for the Off-Campus Employment record. By removing it from the student view, only Admins can complete the question items. To do this, go to:
Process > Questionnaires > Drop Below Full Courseload Request > Click the edit icon > Select Yes to Is this an internal-use questionnaire? > Update
Select the checkbox to the left of the Application Cycle(s) to assign the questionnaire to > Select Apply.
Depending on how your site is configured, you should review, edit, or complete the required SEVIS-mapped question items in the record:
- Employment Start Date - this is the start date that was already batch to SEVIS (do not edit)
- Employment End Date - this is the start date that was already batch to SEVIS (do not edit)
- Type of Employment - this information was already batched to SEVIS (do not edit)
- Recommendation - this information was already batched to SEVIS (do not edit)
- New Employment Start Date - this is the start date that will be batched to SEVIS
- New Employment End Date - this is the end date that will be batched to SEVIS
- New Type of Employment - this information will be batched to SEVIS
Step 3: Create SEVIS Update Record
When all fields are complete, you will create a SEVIS Update Record. For instructions on how to do this, see Creating a SEVIS Update Record. The update action you will select is Off-Campus Employment: Edit. The record you will choose for this update action is Off-Campus Employment - Severe Economic Hardship (F/M).
You may also wish to see SEVIS Admin: Assigning a SEVIS Update to a Batch.