This article outlines the steps to cancel in the SEVIS batch an approved Curricular Practical Training (CPT) authorization. Note, SEVIS prohibits DSOs from taking this action after the CPT start date. Attempting to cancel an approved CPT after the start date will result in a failed batch event that will be flagged with the batch download.
- Step 1: Find the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Record
- Step 2: Review SEVIS-Required Data
- Step 3: Create SEVIS Update Record
- Step 4: Assign the SEVIS Update to a Batch
Step 1: Find the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Record
- Navigate to Record > Search.
- Enter the name of the student whose Curricular Practical Training (CPT) authorization you would like to cancel in SEVIS.
- You can view their CPT record by clicking the record name to the right of their name on the Search Results page.
Step 2: Review SEVIS-Required Data
Review the data in the CPT Employment Information questionnaire located in the student's CPT record that will be used by the SEVIS Admin to cancel the student's CPT authorization.
- Employment Start Date
- Employment End Date
- Full Time or Part Time Employment
When you are ready to cancel the CPT authorization in SEVIS, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Create SEVIS Update Record
See the KB SEVIS Admin: Creating a SEVIS Update Record for detailed instructions about this step.
Step 4: Assign the SEVIS Update to a Batch
After you have created a SEVIS update record, you may add it to a batch to be sent to SEVIS for processing. For more information on this process, see SEVIS Admin: Assigning a SEVIS Update to a Batch.