You may need to create one or more Initial DS-2019s at a time. You can do this in Activities, with an existing saved query in Terra Dotta. This article describes how to use the Request Initial DS-2019s activity to create an Initial DS-2019 for one or more J exchange visitors.
Requesting Initial DS-2019s
Go to SEVIS Admin > Activities and click Request Initial DS-2019s
First select the users for whom you wish to create initial DS-2019s, or select a Saved Query. The display will appear as below. You may either select a saved query or an individual record. Select a query from the dropdown menu (highlighted in the top of the frame), or select an individual record or set of records by ticking one or more of the checkboxes to the left:
A new page will display with the required fields to request one or more initial DS-2019s. Complete the form to provide the SEVIS-required information for the initial DS-2019s. The fields are listed and explained below.
1. Financial information questionnaire: Select Financial Information (J).The information you enter in this section will be saved in the Financial Information questionnaire for the J Academic Objective program.
2. Site of activity questionnaire: Select Site of Activity Information. The information you enter in this section will be saved in the Site of Activity questionnaire for the individual's J Academic Objective program.
3. Exchange visitor position: Enter the exchange visitor's position in their home country
4. Exchange visitor category: Exchange Visitor category in your EV program
5. Subject/Field of study remarks: Enter a text phrase describing the field of study in your program
6. Program start date
7. Program end date
8. U.S. government funding received: Select Yes or No
9. Program sponsor funding received: Enter the amount of funding from the EV program sponsor.
10. Other funding: U.S. government organization: Select as applicable
11. Other funding: International organization: Select as applicable
12. Other funding: Foreign government amount: Enter the amount of funding from the home country government, as applicable
13. Other funding: Bi-national commission amount: Enter the amount of funding from the bi-national commission, as applicable
14. Other funding [organization] name: Enter the name of any other funding organization, as applicable
15. Other funding amount: Enter the amount of funding from the organization listed in #15, as applicable
16. Personal funding amount:
17. Site of activity: Site name: Enter the name of the Site of Activity.
18-22. Site Address: Enter the address for the Site of Activity: Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, and Zip Code.
23. Primary Site: Select Yes or No
24. Site of activity: Remarks: Enter relevant Site of Activity remarks.
Click Submit. You will then be able to verify your initial DS-2019 creation requests and submit them to SEVIS in a batch.
You may also wish to see SEVIS Admin: Assigning a SEVIS Update to a Batch.